- The only Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association (NZBAI), Xero and MYOB
- Become a certified bookkeeper through a reputable organisation (NZBAI)
- Work from home and earn up to $50 per hour once you are certified
- Receive a FREE digital copy of the 2016 Master Bookkeepers eGuide (valued at $147)
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to NZBAI (valued at $295 + GST)
- Flexible online study - work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
This course is designed for:
- Job seekers wanting to up-skill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money and manage their own accounts
This course consists of 10 modules:
- An introduction to the fundamentals of bookkeeping
- Creating general journals, trial balance and understanding depreciation
- Preparing financial statements and process balance day adjustments
- Understanding GST and completing GST returns
- Understanding and Processing Payroll, PAYE and KiwiSaver
- Essential Skills and knowledge in Budgeting and Cash Flow
- Understanding Income Tax and Essential Inland Revenue Processes for Small Businesses – includes how to become a tax agent
- Fundamentals of Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Developing and using bookkeeping spreadsheets in MS Excel
- How to use Xero and MYOB Accounting Software (students are provided with a free trial version of each)
Free Course eBook: New Zealand Master Bookkeepers Guide
This comprehensive, easy to use guide clearly explains the essential components of bookkeeping functions and procedures.
Staff from The Career Academy have contributed to several chapters of this book which has been peer reviewed by the NZBAI and is an invaluable resource for bookkeepers. The book is complimentary and you will be sent access details when you enrol in this course.
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Assessments: Case studies, quizzes, written assessments
Delivery and support: Course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email (during office hours)
Enrolment and duration: Enrol online now and start when you are ready. A total of 100 hours, to be completed within six months. Most students study for 10 hours per week and finish in 10 weeks. Easy!
Career Academy Level: 4
Delivery and support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email. you will also have 50 hours access to an online study group, allowing you to work in small groups with students who are sharing the experience.
Accreditation and Certification: Our course has been accredited by the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association. Once you complete this course, you will be eligible to register as a member of the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association (NZBAI) as a Certified Bookkeeper – a nationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers.
Qualification information: On successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded an accredited certificate of achievement.
About the developers and tutors: View the development and tutor team here.
What our students say:
★★★★★ "The tutor Bhavik is great! I call him most days for technical taxation talk and he is a wonderful person to learn from. The course materials/resources provided are awesome. They cover everything extensively are great for future learning and reference. The course is simple to follow and I rate it very highly. It also appeals to all ages (from young to old) and I am looking at getting my son enrolled at The Career Academy too. You guys are doing something great here." - David Trotter
★★★★★ "I am so pleased to say I loved the entire course. All the aspects of the course designed by the Career Academy with extraordinary tutors, easy access, flexible study and payment plan encouraged me to fulfill my needs with interest." - Sathya Sumanthiran
★★★★★ "For a while I had thought of Accounting as a new career move, so your Bookkeeping course seemed like a great first step to take. I have not been disappointed and the course has given me renewed confidence in my ability to learn as a mature student, plus it has fueled a desire to carry on learning." - Jacqueline Maguire
Investment: Only $995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.