ABKN1014 - Certificate in Bookkeeping
Become a Certified Bookkeeper
Learn to balance the books with our accredited course. You'll be able to prepare GST returns, liaise with Inland Revenue on behalf of a taxpayer and keep business accounts. Learn to analyse and interpret a profit and loss statement and balance sheet. This course also enables you to become a Certified Bookkeeper and member of the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association.
- The only Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association (NZBAI), Xero and MYOB
- Become a certified bookkeeper through a reputable organisation (NZBAI)
- Work from home and earn up to $50 per hour once you are certified
- Receive a FREE digital copy of the 2016 Master Bookkeepers eGuide (valued at $147)
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to NZBAI (valued at $295 + GST)
- Flexible online study - work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Accreditation and Certification: Our course has been accredited by the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association. Once you complete this course, you will be eligible to register as a member of the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association (NZBAI) as a Certified Bookkeeper – a nationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employer
Accredited by ICOES and NZBAI
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 10 modules / 10 assignments, includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email
Course Level: 4
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
Complimentary eBook: New Zealand Master Bookkeepers Guide
This comprehensive, easy to use guide clearly explains the essential components of bookkeeping functions and procedures.
Staff from The Career Academy have contributed to several chapters of this book which has been peer reviewed by the NZBAI and is an invaluable resource for bookkeepers. The book is complimentary and you will be sent access details when you enrol in this course.
What our students say
★★★★★ "The tutor Bhavik is great! I call him most days for technical taxation talk and he is a wonderful person to learn from. The course materials/resources provided are awesome. They cover everything extensively are great for future learning and reference. The course is simple to follow and I rate it very highly. It also appeals to all ages (from young to old) and I am looking at getting my son enrolled at The Career Academy too. You guys are doing something great here." - David Trotter
★★★★★ "I am so pleased to say I loved the entire course. All the aspects of the course designed by the Career Academy with extraordinary tutors, easy access, flexible study and payment plan encouraged me to fulfill my needs with interest." - Sathya Sumanthiran
★★★★★ "For a while I had thought of Accounting as a new career move, so your Bookkeeping course seemed like a great first step to take. I have not been disappointed and the course has given me renewed confidence in my ability to learn as a mature student, plus it has fueled a desire to carry on learning." - Jacqueline Maguire
This course covers the following modules:
ABKN202 - Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 - General Journal
ABKN153 - General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 - Depreciation
ABKN106 - Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 - Financial Statements
ABKN133 - Understanding GST
ABKN214 - Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN188 - Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN151 - Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN217 - Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN103 - Accounting with Xero
ABKN122 - Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
CITG125 - Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel