MGTN2009 – Diploma in Management & Team Leadership
Show you’re management material. Get a Diploma in Management to prove your competency!
While many managers are promoted because of their excellent personal performance, this change in role requires the development of new skills to achieve success. This diploma will help you build on the practical skills and knowledge obtained through our certificate courses and hone your management skills. You’ll learn about leadership and team building, staff recruitment and induction, project management and more. Our advanced online course will help you be considered as a serious contender for promotion.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Get qualified and earn more with a new job or promotion – gain an employer recognised qualification and add to your CV
- Prepare for managerial and top-tier roles to advance your career
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you!
- Gain access to our eLibrary with 40+ books available to borrow as you study
- Learn practical management skills and unlimited tutor support
- Learn a broad range of business disciplines valuable for your professional development
- Get ahead of the job market – employers want applicants with skills and knowledge in Management & Team Leadership
Diploma course content
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes, written assessments and practical exercises
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Duration: 350 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access time: We allow up to 12 months access to this course.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone. This course also has optional online study group support.
Qualification Information: Upon successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Course Level: 6
Covering Five Modules
1. Health and Safety
- ADMN127 – Workplace Health and Safety
- ADMN115 – First Aid and Medical Emergencies
2. Budgeting and Financial Management
- ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- ABKN152 – General Journal
- ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- ABKN218 – Depreciation
- ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
- ABKN146 – Financial Statements
- ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKN189 – Financial Statement Analysis
3. Leadership & Team Building
- MGTG118 – Introduction to Leadership
- MGTG121 – Leadership Qualities
- MGTG116 – Interpersonal Relationships
- MGTG105 – Communication Skills
- MGTG144 – Team Building
- MGTG143 – Systematic and Lateral Thinking
4. Management Fundamentals
- MGTG117 – Management & Organisational Structures
- MGTG123 – Management Theories and Procedures
- MGTG136 – Problem Solving & Decision Making
- MGTG122 – Management Styles and External Influences
- MGTG108 – Employing People and Interview Skills
- MGTG141 – Staff Management
- MGTG110 – Ethics and Equity
5. Personnel Management & Human Resources
- MGTG114 – Human Behaviour
- MGTG150 – Workplace Communication Skills
- ADMN127 – Workplace Health and Safety
- MGTG106 – Controlling Operations
- MGTG139 – Recruitment
- MGTG142 – Staff Training
- MGTG149 – Work Teams
- MGTG135 – Positive Discipline
- MGTG112 – Grievances and Complaints
- MGTG130 – Monitoring and Reporting
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Yash (Accounting Tutor)
It was such a challenging journey with The Career Academy. The program that I took was not really as easy as I imagined but they made sure that the students will really understand the course. My favorite tutor was Yash Mittal, his feedback were encouraging and gave me so much inspiration and more determination to finish my course.
Mitali (Accounting Tutor)
It was really great to work with Career Academy. The tutors helped me finish the course in a reasonably short time. I am proud of my achievement and am probably continuing my studies at a career academy. Thank you all my tutors:Tracy, Eden, Mitali, Bhavic
Jessica (Administration Tutor)
I made a decision to diversify my skillset and jumped on the Career Academy medical reception course. From the very beginning I knew I had the support network I needed to succeed in this course. The tutors are available for any questions and give helpful feedback. I have especially appreciated the help of Jessica Duiker who has encouraged me to continue to do the best I can with each assessment. Studying at home during COVID19 has been a great use of my downtime. I'll come out of this with a fresh new qualification and ready to get back into the workforce.
Melissa (Administration Tutor)
Melissa was very helpful in answering my questions . This course suits my circumstances and the value for money is resonable.
Upnesh (Accounting Tutor)
Thank you Upnesh Prasad for your colorful and positive feedback.
This gave me a fresh boost for further study.
Sumit (Accounting Tutor)
I love my bookkeeper course. It's so easy to navigate through. The teachers are amazing! They give you the motivation to reach your next module, special thanks to Sumit Sahi, his support was essential to make me feel confidence from the beginning to the end! I hardly recommend this course if you seeking to improve your Bookkeeping skills.
Katie (Psychology Tutor)
I’m very happy with Career Academy.My tutor Katie McBain always give me a fast and detailed professional feedback of my assignments.
Thank you Katie.
Bhavik (Accounting Tutor)
Very good tutor support, thank you Bhavik Daya!
My first assignment was assessed very promptly and with very well explained errors and where I needed to reinforce my knowledge.
I got some good energy for further study.
Bethan (Accounting Tutor)
I have received a few feedbacks from my tutors since now and must admit the best and the most motivating was from Bethan Hart. Bethan very carefully and deeply analyzed and summarize my work, giving me wonderful and encouraging words at the end. Her positive attitude really motivated me to keep my online study and convinced to work even harder. Maria K.
Blessing (Accounting Tutor)
I am enjoying my course. Blessing helps me when I need help. Overall I would recommend others to study with The Career Academy and would do future studies.
Tracey (Accounting Tutor)
Thank you Tracey Annan for your objective grade on my Myob payroll assignment. I can learn from my mistakes. I think it’s good to do something wrong so we can study more closely and learn more.
Awais (Accounting Tutor)
I am satisfied with the quality of the course and specially with the tutor Awais Khan who is helping me.
Rachel (Pet & Animal Care Tutor)
Really enjoying my course. The feedback is great. My tutor Rachel is wonderful and always there if I need her. I’m working on my last assignment now and considering taking another course.
Eden (Pet & Animal Care Tutor)
I am finding the material in this course very helpful and most interesting. The best part is the positive feedback and support that I have received from my tutors Rachael and Eden. Can’t wait to study something new.
Bess (Psychology Tutor)
My tutor Bess is always encouraging, supportive and i love her feed back especially when she encourages me to eloborate my answer to a question, she helps me have another go. I so appreciate her positive criticisms which helps me grow in understanding. The online course and material is easy to surf and understand. Brilliant CustomerCare with the help box, prompt and very communicative. I'm already utilized some of the teaching. Thank you everyone from The Career Academy studing is another opportunity for me to grow and open new doors career wise. 😎🤗😁
Ridge (Accounting Tutor)
I enjoyed studying with the Career Academy for an Advanced Certificate in MYOB.The content was easy to understand and the instructions easy to follow as well.The timely response from tutors was exceptional,the help i received from my tutor Ridge Selvaraj was incredible,he was always helpful and even when l asked for explanations regarding the assessments his response was always clear and precise.Thank you for your assistance
Becky (Administration Tutor)
It was wonderful experience studied with career academy.I admire both Jessica Duiker and Becky caulfield.They have done amazing job.Really helpful and check each and every part of assessment.I really appreciate Becky caulfield's participation by replying back to even in student discussion.Also, help desk (receptionist) is admirable for their quick responses.Well done team!!
Louise (Administration Tutor)
I am loving my course so far it has alot more content than i thought it would the assinments are challenging the tutors have been great (louise) gives great feedback and lets you know on areas you need to improve on or have done well on overall i am very happy with the course