ABKN1014 – Certificate in Bookkeeping
Become a Certified Bookkeeper in just ten weeks!
Learn to balance the books with our accredited course. You’ll be able to prepare GST returns, and keep business accounts. Learn to analyse and interpret a profit and loss statement and balance sheet. You can also use this course as a pathway to start your own bookkeeping business!
- The only Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association (ICNZB) and supported by Xero and MYOB
- Become a certified bookkeeper through a reputable organisation (ICNZB)
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- Access a FREE 12-month introductory membership to ICNZB
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Accreditation and Certification: Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers. Once you complete the optional “Black Badge” quiz, you will be eligible to register as a member of the ICNZB as a Certified Bookkeeper – a nationally recognised credential, respected and valued by employers.
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Assessments: 14 modules / 14 assignments, includes case studies, written assessments and the optional ICNZB Black Badge Certification quiz.
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Course Level: 4
Covering the following modules
ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 – General Journal
ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 – Financial Statements
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN214 – Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN188 – Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN151 – Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN217 – Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
CITG125 – Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
★★★★★ “The tutor Bhavik is great! I call him most days for technical taxation talk and he is a wonderful person to learn from. The course materials/resources provided are awesome. They cover everything extensively are great for future learning and reference. The course is simple to follow and I rate it very highly. It also appeals to all ages (from young to old) and I am looking at getting my son enrolled at The Career Academy too. You guys are doing something great here.” – David Trotter
★★★★★ “I am so pleased to say I loved the entire course. All the aspects of the course designed by the Career Academy with extraordinary tutors, easy access, flexible study and payment plan encouraged me to fulfill my needs with interest.” – Sathya Sumanthiran