ABKN1014 – Certificate in Bookkeeping
Become a Certified Bookkeeper in just ten weeks!
Learn to balance the books with our accredited course. You’ll be able to prepare GST returns, and keep business accounts. Learn to analyse and interpret a profit and loss statement and balance sheet. You can also use this course as a pathway to start your own bookkeeping business!
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Become a Certified Bookkeeper
- Work from home, start your own Bookkeeping business and earn up to $50 per hour
- The Career Academy is a Xero Education Partner with Xero Learn – get up to six months access to Xero included with your course
- The Career Academy is a MYOB Education Partner
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- Get a FREE student membership to the New Zealand Qualified Bookkeepers Association (NZQBA) on enrolment and a FREE 12-month Certified Membership to NZQBA on completion (valued at $295 + GST)
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Pathway opportunities to become an AAT Qualified Bookkeeper
- Developed and delivered by an Accredited Training Centre – International Association of Bookkeepers
- Accreditation & Certification: This course has been accredited by the International Council for Online Educational Standards. On completion of this course you will become a Certified Bookkeeper – a recognised credential, respected and valued by employers and businesses throughout New Zealand.
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Registered charity. (No. 1050724.)
Investment: $995 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 14 modules / 14 assignments, includes case studies and written assessments.
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Qualification information: Upon successful completion, receive Xero’s official advisor certification in addition to your course qualification.
Course Level: 4
Covering the following modules
ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 – General Journal
ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 – Financial Statements
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN214 – Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN188 – Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN151 – Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN217 – Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
CITG125 – Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s bookkeeping graduates start their own bookkeeping business or work in small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Payroll Officer
- Financial Advisor
- Assistant Accountant
The availability of Bookkeeping-related roles in New Zealand is expected to increase resulting in over 4,950 job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for employee Bookkeepers is between $40,000 – $70,000 per year, or up to $40-$50 per hour as contract bookkeepers.
★★★★★ “I’m Leanne and I’ve worked off and on in accounting most of my adult life. In difference to the commonly held view that it is not a terribly exciting job, I have enjoyed doing the books for an advertising agency whilst living in Zimbabwe, worked in London CBD for the UKs largest multi-national company and I’m now running by own bookkeeping business called Totally Booked Bookkeepers. Becoming a Certified Bookkeeper and member has enabled me to gain personal development on a level I could only dream about.” Leanne Jensen, Certified Bookkeeper.
★★★★★ “The tutor Bhavik is great! I call him most days for technical taxation talk and he is a wonderful person to learn from. The course materials/resources provided are awesome. They cover everything extensively are great for future learning and reference. The course is simple to follow and I rate it very highly. It also appeals to all ages (from young to old) and I am looking at getting my son enrolled at The Career Academy too. You guys are doing something great here.” – David Trotter
★★★★★ “I am so pleased to say I loved the entire course. All the aspects of the course designed by the Career Academy with extraordinary tutors, easy access, flexible study and payment plan encouraged me to fulfill my needs with interest.” – Sathya Sumanthiran
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!