HPTN1019 – Certificate in Hospitality Services (Food & Beverage)
Run a restaurant or catering business, or work in food service.
This course will help you develop a sound foundation for working in a restaurant, catering or other food service enterprise. You’ll learn everything from kitchen and food management to planning menus, managing staff and waiting skills.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Understand food and nutrition
- Manage the provision of kitchen facilities and the handling of foodstuffs to maximise efficiency, hygiene and service
- Learn to plan menus appropriate for a range of situations
- Manage the provision of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Learn management skills for catering in a variety of situations
- Be able to manage staff in the food and restaurant industries
This course is intended for
- Those looking to get into the world of catering or to improve their hosting skills
- Students who want a qualification to prove their skills
- Anyone who wants to start a small food business
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $495 + GST or from only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan. Click here to get started now!
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 10 weeks
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course
Course Level: 4
There are ten lessons in this course
HPTG153 – Introduction to Human Nutrition & Cooking
HPTG114 – Kitchen and Food Management
HPTG122 – Planning a Menu
HPTG154 – Scope and Nature of Catering Services & Personnel Management
HPTG115 – Management of Catering Services
HPTG112 – Introduction to the Bar Industry
HPTG155 – Alcoholic Beverages
HPTG156 – Non-Alcoholic Beverages
HPTG157 – Mixing Drinks & Service Procedures
HPTG133 – Fundamentals of Wine Appreciation