AATQB Pathway for Bookkeepers
Become a professional AAT Bookkeeper with this Pathway Program!
Become a professional AAT Bookkeeper with our AATQB Pathway for Bookkeepers and fast track your bookkeeping career! Learn to balance the books, prepare GST returns and prepare business accounts, before using the prestigious AAT membership to launch your own bookkeeping business! AAT is the world’s leading professional body for accounting technicians, with over 140,000 members. Your membership gives your clients the confidence that you meet AAT’s renowned international standards.
All courses include:
This Pathway includes the following programs
Certificate in Bookkeeping followed by an Assessment of Competence.
The Certificate in Bookkeeping covers the following modules:
ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 – General Journal
ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 – Financial Statements
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN214 – Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN188 – Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN151 – Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN217 – Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
CITG125 – Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
The Assessment of Competence contains a comprehensive quiz made up of 50 questions, including multi-choice, missing words, drag and drop, true and false, and matching options. This quiz is designed to test your level of bookkeeping competence, and on completion you will be eligible to apply for AATQB Membership through The Career Academy.
ABKN105 – Assessment of Competence
- The only Certificate in Bookkeeping accredited by the New Zealand Bookkeepers Association (ICNZB) and supported by Xero and MYOB
- Become a certified bookkeeper with the support of two reputable organisations (ICNZB & AAT) with exclusive access to online resources – including industry leading e-learning modules and webinars
- Add the letters AATQB after your name once you’re a member!
- Work from home and earn up to $50 per hour once you are certified
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Master Bookkeepers Guide
- Receive a FREE 12-month introductory membership to ICNZB
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to AAT
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time and receive unlimited one-on-one tutor support
- Accreditation, Certification & Qualification details: Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Certified NZ Bookkeepers and the Association of Accounting Technicians. Once you complete the optional “Black Badge” quiz, you will be eligible to register as a member of the ICNZB as a Certified Bookkeeper, and become a qualified bookkeeper with the AAT. Both nationally recognised credentials, respected and valued by employers
Investment: $1,250 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 16 modules / 16 assignments, includes case students, written assessments, the optional ICNZB Black Badge Certification quiz before a final Assessment of Competence.
Duration: A total of 100 hours to be completed within six months. Study at your own pace!
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Delivery & support: This course is delivered online with tutor support by phone and email.
Course Level: 4
This course is designed for
- Those who want to work from home
- Job seekers wanting to upskill in the bookkeeping industry
- Bookkeepers who want to become certified
- Entrepreneurs looking to start their own bookkeeping business
- Business owners who wish to save money by managing their own accounts and GST returns
This course is recognised by the Association of Accounting Technicians
Get a FREE 12 month membership to AAT!
AAT is a registered charity. No. 1050724.
What our students say
★★★★★ “The tutor Bhavik is great! I call him most days for technical taxation talk and he is a wonderful person to learn from. The course materials/resources provided are awesome. They cover everything extensively are great for future learning and reference. The course is simple to follow and I rate it very highly. It also appeals to all ages (from young to old) and I am looking at getting my son enrolled at The Career Academy too. You guys are doing something great here.” – David Trotter
★★★★★ “I am so pleased to say I loved the entire course. All the aspects of the course designed by the Career Academy with extraordinary tutors, easy access, flexible study and payment plan encouraged me to fulfill my needs with interest.” – Sathya Sumanthiran