AAT Accounting Technician Pathway for Bookkeepers
How to advance your Bookkeeping career in more ways than one
Benefits that advance your Bookkeeping career
- Fast track your accounting career, increase your earning potential and get ahead with an AAT Approved Training Provider
- Gain AAT Student Membership – processed within the first month of enrolling.
- Get a formal qualification and become a qualified accountant and member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).
- Gain this qualification for your CV – being an Accounting Technician gives employers the confidence that you meet internationally recognised standards.
- Receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email – work with experienced tutors and other students to successfully complete your course.
- Get a FREE 12-month membership to the New Zealand Qualified Bookkeepers Association.
- Gain AAT Professional Membership – once you successfully complete this qualification and meet the AAT membership criteria, you can apply for AAT full membership and achieve professional MAAT status.
Course SummaryQualification Code: ABKN2068
Start date: Get instant access within 1 business day.
Duration: Approximately 400 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access time: You’ll have 24/7 access to your course material for up to 18 months until you complete.
Delivery and support: 100% online with unlimited tutor support via phone and email. Ask questions anytime and your professional tutors will respond during business hours.
Assessments: Includes practical assessments, case studies, multiple choice questions, quizzes and written assessments.
Qualification information: Be awarded with an industry and employer recognised certificate of achievement on successful completion of this course.
Course Level: 6
Investment: $2,450 or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
- Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- General Journal
- General Ledger & the Trial Balance
- Adjusting Entries
- Financial Statements
- Understanding GST
- Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Fundamentals of Income Tax
- Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
- Accounting with Xero
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- Bookkeeping using Microsoft Excel
- Access and save excel templates.
- How to open an Excel file and save this using a specific name.
- Identify and apply formulas and functions to calculate data.
- How to add content, such as pictures and charts, to spreadsheets.
- Apply filters to spreadsheet data.
- Demonstrate how to sort and manipulate spreadsheet data.
- Apply a range of formatting styles to spreadsheet data.
- Accounting and Business
- Determining Profit
- Issues in Income Determination & Asset Valuation
- Accounting Principles Assessment
- Tracking Cash & Controlling Assets
- Internal Decision Making
- Analysing Financial Reports
- Financial Reporting Framework
- Advanced Accounting Principles Assessment
- Cost Classification
- Costing Methods
- Product & Process Costing
- Standard Costs & Variance Analysis
- Management Accounting Assessment
- Activity Based Costing
- Budgeting & CVP Analysis
- Performance Management & Measurement
- Inventory Management & Planning
- Management Accounting: Budgeting
- Management Accounting: Decision and Control
- Advanced Management Accounting Assessment
- Introduction to Income Taxation
- Company Taxation
- Look Through Companies
- Fringe Benefit Tax
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Xero Chart of Accounts
- Managing Contacts with Xero
- Xero Sales, Invoices, Quotes & Inventory
- Xero Purchases & Bills
- Reconciliation and Managing Accounts in Xero
- Introduction to Xero Reporting
- Introduction to Xero Add-ons
- Certificate in Xero Assessment
- Introduction to Xero Online
- Aged Receivables & Payables in Xero
- Managing Fixed Assets with Xero
- Budgeting with Xero
- Tracking Categories in Xero
- Report Preparation and Analysis in Xero
- Customising Templates in Xero
- Introduction to Projects & Expenses
- Advanced Certificate in Xero
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 1
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 2
- SPFR Framework For For-Profit Entities Part 3
- Verification, Completeness & Justification
- Accounting for a Full Year Case Study
- Looking Forward Case Study
- Financial Statements of Limited Companies
- Accounting Systems & Controls
- Accounting Practices Assessment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of auditing
- Demonstrate the importance of professional ethics
- Evaluate the audited entity’s system of internal control
- Evaluate audit procedures for obtaining audit evidence
- Evaluate the planning process
- Evaluate audit procedures
This Course is accredited by ICOES
The International Council for Online Educational Standards (ICOES) guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Receive unlimited support from experienced tutors!
Our professional tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed.
They’re committed to providing exceptional online course support and personal tutoring to help you succeed. Throughout your course, you’ll receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Be awarded with an Industry & Employer Recognised Certificate
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be presented with a Professional Certificate by The Career Academy. This is an industry recognised certificate which will go a long way to helping you get a new job or promotion. You’ll also be given access to our exclusive Career Centre and be eligible for a free CV Review.
Ready to start learning?
1. Click on “Get Started Now”
2. Decide payment option – full payment or no deposit, interest free payment plan from only $25/week
3. Receive your course login details via email and start learning!