PSCN1015 – Certificate in Youth Development and Counselling
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and adolescents?
If you are passionate about working with children and young people then this online course is perfect for you. You will learn about theories of childhood development (e.g. morality, cognition, psychosocial), as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules offer an opportunity to learn about specialist areas such as mental health problems which have their onset in childhood, adolescent development, and disorders of childhood.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain an employer recognised qualification and add to your CV
- Increase your job prospects and learn key Child, Youth & Counselling skills
- Learn online, at your own pace, with tutor support by phone and email
- Flexible online study – work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you!
- Get ahead of the job market – employers want applicants who are qualified in the field
- Learn to deal with people positively by understanding their behaviour
- Advance your career by improving your communication and people management skills
- Gain a foundation for working in counselling, management or education
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Duration: 300 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete this diploma in six months (ie one module per month)
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete
Course Level: 6
Covering Three Comprehensive Modules
Module 1: Certificate in Child Psychology
- PSCG152 – Introduction to Psychology
- PSCG214 – The New Born Infant
- PSCG204 – States and Senses of the Infant
- PSCG157 – Learning
- PSCG129 – Emotions and Socialisation
- PSCG110 – Cognitive Development
- PSCG156 – Language Development
- PSCG148 – Intelligence
- PSCG200 – Socialisation – Part A
- PSCG169 – Mortality
- PSCG197 – Child Sexuality
- PSCG201 – Socialisation – Part B
Module 2: Certificate in Adolescent Psychology
- PSCG151 – Introduction – Theories of Human Development
- PSCG159 – Life Crises
- PSCG177 – Physical Development
- PSCG147 – Intellectual Development
- PSCG127 – Emotional Development
- PSCG198 – Sexuality in Adolescence
- PSCG199 – Social Development
- PSCG168 – Moral Development
- PSCG102 – Adolescence and the Transition into Adulthood
Module 3: Certificate in Counselling Skills
- PSCG158 – Learning Specific Skills
- PSCG161 – Listening and Bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview Techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding Solutions
- PSCG131 – Ending the Counselling
This course is for
- Those looking for a future in Psychology or Counselling
- Those looking to take a step into the mental health field
- Anybody seeking a further understanding of the human mind
Our students say
★★★★★ “Thank you for the pleasant time during my time in the career academy student I’m so proud to have finished my course in Psychology and mental health and am currently now enrolled as a student in bachelor in Psychology and Youth social work but couldn’t have done it without these course thank you ☺” – Sammy Roberts
★★★★★ “The course is brilliant, it is easy to understand and the detail of knowledge is also easy to absorb. The tutors have been extremely helpful and prompt to reply. I find that I don’t have to use them much at all as the content is self-explanatory.” – Lynaire Hartley
★★★★★ “I wanted to further my skills and knowledge as well as continue to work full-time and studying through the career academy was a great way for me to achieve this” – Zara
Receive Unlimited Support From Experienced Professionals
Our tutors at The Career Academy are industry experts who are passionate about helping students succeed. Students receive unlimited tutor support via phone and email.
Katie (Psychology Tutor)
Katie works as a Psychology & Counselling tutor at The Career Academy. She recently graduated from a Bachelor of Psychological Science with Honours from the University of Tasmania. Katie previously worked as a tutor while at university and she hopes to use her tutoring skills and passion for psychology to help students at The Career Academy.
Bess (Psychology Tutor)
Bess came to us after studying at the Auckland University of Technology. Now, she helps The Career Academy’s students get the most out of their Psychology courses. Nothing is more rewarding for Bess than when she sees students getting excited about their course, and finds tutoring is a great way to get insights into the lives of her students.
Bess is thinking about extending her tutoring experience and going back to study to become a primary school teacher, where she’d trade her students for ones who are a little younger.
Outside of psychology, Bess spends her free time at the gym, getting stuck-in with classes that get the rest of The Career Academy office sweating from just thinking about.
Want to know more about this course?
Complete this form & learn about:
Pricing and payment options
Compare other related courses
Receive a FREE course consultation
Everything you need to know before enrolling!