ABKN1020 – Introduction to Accounting
Want to learn accounting?
Start your new career with our easy introductory accounting course. You’ll gain a general understanding of accounting with a focus on core concepts and basic skills that will teach you the fundamentals of accounting. You will learn to interpret financial statements, undertake financial analysis, cash flow, budgeting and forecasting techniques. Study at your own pace, at a time that suits you with our flexible online learning.
- Introduction to accounting
- Accounting equations
- Double entry accounting
- Learn about the trial balance
- Understanding profit and loss statements
- Interpreting balance sheets
- Ratio analysis
- Practical exercises
- Understand accounting under different business structures: company, partnership, sole trader.
- Understand, analyse and interpret a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement.
- Forecast business revenues and expenses.
- Analyse the profitability and efficiency of your business.
Investment: $295 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan.
Delivery: Online – you will have 6 months to complete your course.
Pathway opportunities: We highly recommend you consider our Certificate in Accounting
Course Level: 3
What our students say
★★★★★ “Course content and progression were very clear, and I did not have any need to contact the tutor for assistance. Overall great course – thanks.” – Alice Young
★★★★★ “This was recommended by my manager who is the Fixed Accountant and I work under her, she thought a basis in accounting would be useful as we touch multiply parts of the business included Balance Sheet and P&L. The course was very well structured and easy to follow what was required” – Stefanie Downes