ABKN1032 – GST Fundamentals
Learn to prepare returns and rest assured you’re getting it right!
Ideal for bookkeepers, busy office managers and small business owners who need to prepare GST returns – learning online means you can fit this course around your other commitments. You’ll be able to confidently understand how GST works, prepare returns and calculate GST liabilities.
- Developed by chartered accountants and an approved training organisation
- Learn in your own time and at your own pace
- Expert tutor support available via phone or email
- Gain 10 CPD hours on completion
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
- Explain the key terms used when dealing with GST, including taxable activities, taxable supplies and filing frequency.
- Describe the basic principles of GST in New Zealand.
- Explain the difference between GST Paid and GST Collected.
- Outline the information required to be included on tax invoices.
- Understand the different methods to account for GST.
- Explain when GST is required to be charged on a supply of goods or services.
- Explain the difference between exempt and zero-rated supplies.
- Calculate GST on sales and purchases, including zero-rated and exempt items.
- Explain what GST adjustments may be required.
- Explain how to complete a simple GST return.
- Briefly outline the penalty for filing a GST return late, or paying any GST liability after the due date.
Investment: $295 + GST or only $25 a week on an interest free payment plan! Click here to get started now.
Delivery: Online. Your tutors are available by phone or email to assist and support you throughout the course.
Assessment: Submit a practical assessment which will be marked with valuable personalised feedback.
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but expect to take 8-10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Qualification: On successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate in GST Fundamentals.
About the course developers and tutors: The Career Academy has developed this course with experts in GST.
Course Level: 4
★★★★★ “Being a busy mother of four teenage boys and a full-time time office manager means my time is limited. Being able to study this GST course was invaluable to me. I found the course very enjoyable and the skills I have learnt have been invaluable in both my private and professional life.” – Diane Rushworth Office Manager/PA