ADMN1006 – Certificate in Medical Terminology
Understand medical terminology and get a certificate in only 10 weeks!
This course is designed for people with no or limited medical training, who would like to work in a medical environment. You’ll develop the skills needed to communicate clearly and effectively using medical terminology.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Understand medical terminology and abbreviations
- Gain a professional certificate recognised by employers
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Increase your chances of a new job or promotion
- Get your foot through the door as a medical professional!
This course is designed for
- Seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Currently working as a medical receptionist, who want to become certified
- Want to explore a popular career in nursing, medical records or medical transcription
Investment: $495 + GST from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Assessment: Assignments, quizzes
Start date: Get instant access to your course
Duration: Approximately 100 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Course Level: 4
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Health and Safety Officer
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
Between 2020 and 2023, the availability of Health-related roles in New Zealand is expected to increase resulting in 4,000+ job openings. The salary range for health graduates is between $37,000 – $46,000 per year.
Medical Terminology covers ten modules
ADMG141 – Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology
ADMG101 – Anatomical Terms and Structures
ADMG123 – Medical Equipment and Procedures
ADMG131 – Pharmacological Terminology
ADMG124 – Musculoskeletal System
ADMG103 – Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune System
ADMG137 – Respiratory and Reproductive Systems
ADMG111 – Digestive and Excretory Systems
ADMG119 – The Skin
ADMG126 – Nervous and Sensory Systems
ADMG158 – Certificate in Medical Terminology Assessment
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!