ADMN1029 – Certificate in Medical Reception
Become a Certified Medical Receptionist in just ten weeks!
Developed by health experts, this online course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to schedule appointments, keep records and manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also become familiar with medical terminology and abbreviations. No experience necessary.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a certificate and become a certified medical receptionist
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Includes a FREE bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide
- Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients.
This online course is suitable for
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or medical transcription
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Health graduates are often employed in general and family health practices as well as small to medium-sized businesses. On completion of this course, you may be able to apply for jobs such as:
- Medical Receptionist
- Health and Safety Officer
- Medical Assistant / Receptionist
Between 2020 and 2023, the availability of Health-related roles in New Zealand is expected to increase resulting in 4,000+ job openings. The salary range for health graduates is between $37,000 – $46,000 per year.
Medical Reception covers ten modules
ADMG139 – Role of a Receptionist
ADMG170 – Medical Reception Service Skills
ADMG148 – Time Management, Ethics and Professionalism
ADMG171 – Maintain Patient Records
ADMN153 – Working with ACC & Introduction to Medtech
ADMG154 – Effective Business Communication
CITG127 – Introduction to Microsoft Word
ADMN127 – Workplace Health and Safety
ADMN115 – First Aid and Medical Emergencies
ADMG107 – Customer Relationship Management
ADMG109 – Introduction to Medtech Evolution
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $995 + GST from only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: Assignments, quizzes
Duration: Approximately 200 hours, to be completed within six months. Generally students complete one module per week, with each module taking around 10 hours.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Certification and accreditation: Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a certificate of achievement.
Course Level: 4
What does a certified medical receptionist do?
Certified medical receptionists perform a wide variety of tasks, from booking or checking in patients to taking vital signs and preparing patients for examinations. With exposure to many different elements of patient care, certified medical receptionists can take their careers in many directions.
Endorsed by AAPNZ
Get a FREE bonus module on how to use MedTech
Get a FREE 352-page MedTech Training Guide and access to the MedTech software.
What our students say about this course
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!