HPTN1002 – Certificate in Tourism & Travel
Have a career in travel or tourism!
The tourism industry encompasses the provision of all those services used by people when travelling away from home, including booking services, transport, accommodation, tourist retail outlets and attractions.
This interactive online course is designed to develop your skills in tourism planning and management. It provides a foundation for further learning, whether on the job or through formal studies.
- Gain a certificate and understand the nature and scope of the tourism industry
- Be able to recommend tourism destinations relevant to client needs
- Advise clients on planning for unforeseen circumstances while travelling, such as financial, legal and insurance issues
- Includes utilising transport services such as airlines, car rental, shipping, bus and rail
- Be able to advise on accommodation options including camping, hostels, hotels, resorts and more
- Advise clients on package tour options to satisfy their specific requirements
- Consolidate available information and resources to plan a trip
- Receive a FREE Membership to the Institute of Hospitality on completion. This gives you access to their extensive online knowledge centre, webinars and other networking events
This course is designed to
- Provide you with the skills to undertake a variety of roles in the tourism industry
- Up-skill anyone managing a small tourism business
- Improve your confidence to help you nail that future interview!
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $495 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan. Click here to get started now!
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: Approximately 90 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in ten weeks.
Access time: We allow up to 6 months access to this course.
Qualification: On successful completion of this tourism course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Course Level: 4
This course covers nine modules
1. HPTG132 – Travel Industry Overview
Holiday travel, business travel, resources, components of travel (accommodation, transport, food, luggage, health, money, etc)
2. HPTG108 – Destinations
Local, state, interstate, international; health before departure.
3. HPTG117 – Money, Insurance, Legalities and Other Issues
Credit cards, traveller’s cheques, exchange rates, international driving, quarantine laws, Islamic law, political concerns, tariffs, duty free, departure taxes etc.
4. HPTG128 – Transport – Airline reservations
International Air Transport Assn, aircraft types, flight information, transfers, time zones, passports, visas, baggage, travelling with animals, making a reservation, etc.
5. HPTG129 – Transport – Car Rental
Types of hire cars, reading manuals, different road rules, making reservations, cost structures, etc
6. HPTG130 – Transport – Other
Flights, boats, ferries, cruising, buses, rail etc
7. HPTG101 – Accommodation
Camping, caravans, tents, B & B’s & guesthouses, hotels, youth hostels, resorts, etc
8. HPTG120 – Package Tours
Comprising of transport, accommodation, activities and outings sold together.
9. HPTG131 – Travel Agency Procedure Systems
Ethics, tourist organisations, client records and account procedures, etc.