ABKN1045 – Certificate in Taxation
Learn how to do Tax and GST returns for a small business!
This practical online course will give you the skills to prepare GST and income tax returns for small businesses or self-employed contractors. You’ll learn about the best tax structures and maximising tax deductions. You’ll learn through interactive readings, practical exercises and case studies.
This course will introduce or refresh tax principles applicable to small to medium sized businesses and self employed contractors.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Get comprehensive one-on-one tutor support
- Gain 50 CPD / CE Points
- Learn how to prepare Income Tax and GST Returns
- Save money on accounting fees
- Gain access to our Wheelers eLibrary with over 50 textbooks, including the Foundations of New Zealand Taxation Law
- Understand what expenses you can claim to maximise your tax deductions
- Develop the best tax structure for your business and receive one-on-one tutor support
This course is designed for
- Small Business owners and/or managers who want to enhance their understanding of tax and GST.
- Those who manage small business accounts and want to reduce their accountancy fees
- Self-employed contractors or those managing the accounts of self-employed contractors
ATAINZ has approved The Career Academy as a Training Centre
The Accountants and Tax Agents Institute of New Zealand (ATAINZ) exists to promote the welfare and professional development of its members and to represent members’ interests in New Zealand. We are an ATAINZ Approved Training Provider.
Investment: $995 + GST or from only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan. Click here to get started now.
Assessment: Upon completing each module, you will be required to submit an assessment for review.
Duration: 100 hours. Most student complete 10 hours per week over 10 weeks.
Delivery: Online with tutor support by email and phone.
Career Academy Level: 4
This course covers
ABKN318 – Tax Fundamentals – Introduction
ABKN320 – Tax Fundamentals – Income & Deductions
ABKN321 – Tax Fundamentals – Tax Calculation & Return Preparation
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN188 – Fringe Benefit Tax
ABKN214 – Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
ABKN111 – Company Taxation
ABKN104 – Look Through Companies
ABKN177 – Maximise Tax Deductions
★★★★★ “I was really happy to see support for someone wanting help with the practicalities of starting out in business. It was really good news for me and it gave me the confidence to take the first step.” – Charles Spillhaus
★★★★★ “A very good course that covered heaps of things and gave a lot of new information.” – Terri Klenner