ABKN1007 – Certificate in Accounting
Manage your own accounts or gain an accounting qualification to add to your CV!
Our qualification will help you stand out in the job market, giving you practical skills to work in an accounts environment. Business owners will be able to put their skills to use and save on accounting fees. No prior experience necessary.
Get Qualified & Earn more. Download a FREE info pack now:
- Gain a qualification accredited by the International Association of Accounting Professionals
- Delivered by qualified accountants and members of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Gain employment and improve your career prospects
- Increase your competence and skills in practical accounting areas to manage business accounts
- Learn online, at your own pace with unlimited tutor support
- The Career Academy is a Xero Education Partner with Xero Learn – get up to six months access to Xero included with your course!
Potential Career Outcomes
The Career Academy’s Accounting graduates are often employed in small businesses or within the finance department of larger companies. On completion of this course, you may apply for jobs such as:
- Accounting Technician
The availability of accounting-related roles in New Zealand is expected to increase resulting in a 3.8 % increase in job openings over the next 5 years. The salary range for Accounting Technicians is between $41,000 – $90,000 per year.
Source: Pay Scale NZ
This course is designed for
- Employees in an accounts position eager for promotion
- People wishing to start the Accounting Pathway Program and pathway into becoming a qualified Accounting Technician
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan. Get started now by clicking here.
Assessments: 13 modules / 13 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Duration: 130 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone
Course Level: 4
This course consists of 13 modules
ABKN202 – Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 – General Journal
ABKN153 – General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 – Depreciation
ABKN106 – Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 – Financial Statements
ABKN133 – Understanding GST
ABKN151 – Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN103 – Accounting with Xero
ABKN217 – Accounting with MYOB Essentials
ABKN122 – Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
ABKN189 – Financial Statement Analysis
CITG137 – Accounting using Microsoft Excel
Download a FREE course guide!
Fill in this form to discover where The Career Academy can take you!