Wedding Planning Business Pathway
Successfully start your own wedding planning business with our help
If you love the romance of weddings and enjoy the challenge of planning every tiny detail, this course will equip you with the knowledge to have a successful career as a wedding planner. With our Certificate in Wedding Planning Pathway you'll be ready to start your own business.
- Gain insight into how to plan and manage a wedding event from industry experts.
- Understand how to set up and successfully run your business.
- Access to expert tutors and business coaches - this Pathway Program includes four hours of one to one mentoring from our very experienced and knowledgeable business mentors.
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the Auckland Chamber of Commerce valued $350
Declan Scott - Business Coach
Declan has a significant amount of both bookkeeping and business experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful bookkeeping business.
What our students say:
★★★★★ "Ever since I planned my own weddings, I have dreamed of making Wedding Planning a career. But until I started this course, I had no idea how much more I needed to learn to work as a professional." - Jenny Connelly
1. Traditions, etiquette and an introduction to the wedding planning industry
2. Location and ceremony, the cast and crew
3. Catering, flowers and decorations
4. Music, entertainment and transportation
5. Photographer/videographer, invitations, gifts and preparing a budget
6. Working with wedding suppliers
7. The Big Day
8. Client consultations and the psychology of a bride
9. Wedding marketing 101 and starting your own business
10. Finance and pricing your services, contracts and insurance
Then, complete the Start Your Own business Course which covers the following modules:
- ABKN201 - Starting Up
- ABKG186 - Preparing your Business Plan
- MGTG129 - Marketing and Social Media
- ABKN122 - Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
- ABKG185 - Planning for Profit
- ABKN214 - Fundamentals of Payroll
- ABKN133 - Understanding GST
- ABKN189 – Financial Statement Analysis
- Receive four hours of one-to-one mentoring with a Bookkeeping Business Coach
Investment: $1995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 19 modules / 19 assignments. On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Accreditation: The Career Academy has worked in partnership with The New Zealand Academy of Wedding & Event Planning and prepared this course based on their expertise.
Duration: 160 Hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access time: We allow up to 12 months access to this course.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Course Level: 6