- Understand the signs, symptoms and possible treatments of adult mental health problems
- Build your confidence and skills when relating to people with mental health issues
- Delivered by a specialist in psychology and mental health
- Complete online in your own time, at your own pace
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to the International Association for Counselling
Meet your tutors:
Maya is a provisionally registered clinical psychologist with a genuine passion for her subject. She has a lifelong thirst for knowledge, particularly when it comes to understanding how we perceive the world around us. Since achieving her psychology degree in 2007, she has tutored a number of courses for psychology students, and run workshops and support groups for people with eating disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), anxiety and depression.
Tamara has always enjoyed helping people to achieve their goals. She has a Bachelor of Arts with Honours from the University of Auckland, double majoring in Psychology and Neuroscience; and she is planning on pursuing her PhD in Clinical Psychology.
Tara is originally from Ireland, but has been living in Australia and New Zealand for the last few years. She has a Bachelor of Science with Honours from Liverpool John Moores University School of Law. She specialised in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Justice, and volunteered with domestic violence charities back in Ireland.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 100 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 10 weeks.
Career Academy Level: 4
About the developers: This course has been developed and delivered by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience.
This course includes the following modules:
1. Introduction to mental health issues
2. Depression and related conditions
4. Antisocial personality disorders
5. Eating disorders
7. Helping yourself with mental health issues
8. Support options and services for mental health issues
9. Prescription drugs for schizophrenia and affective disorders
10. Addiction support - treatment for drug and alcohol abuse
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
What our students say:
★★★★★ "Easy to navigate. Easy to submit assignments. Fast tutor follow up where needed! Thanks Career Academy!!" - Amanda Soar
★★★★★ "Nothing could be improved I love studying with The Career Academy. Love the ability to study at home anytime I want to." - Alena Perkin
Investment: $495 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest free payment plan.