Introduction to Early Childhood Development
Understand why children behave as they do
Parenting can be one of life’s greatest joys as well as its greatest challenge! Our online course offers positive strategies to help you overcome some of the more stressful aspects of raising children. You’ll gain valuable insights, new skills and positive techniques to manage children’s behaviour.
- Answers to your child care dilemmas
- Clear, easy to follow examples
- Developed by professional child care experts
- Receive support via phone or email from our experienced tutors
- Designed for those who want to enrich the lives of their own children, work as a nanny or as a starting point for further study in early childhood education.
- Parents of young children
- Those considering child care as a carer or nanny
Presented in an easily manageable and practical way, this course will help you gain a sound understanding of early childhood development and introduce simple techniques for helping children to behave in worthwhile and constructive ways. This course is ideal for those with young children, or those planning on having young children, in their lives. It answers many questions and offers real life examples in how children’s behaviours can be managed.
About the course developer
This course covers
- Childhood development from birth to three years
- Positive methods of parenting children
- Behavioural management or positive child guidance
- How to toilet train children
- Child safety including guiding children on the internet, food safety and preventing food poisoning and avoiding slips, trips and falls
Start your career here!
We have partnered with Speedy Rhino who are actively hiring our students all the time, get qualified and take that first step towards a rewarding role!
Assessments: 5 modules / 5 assignments
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Investment: $295 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Course Level: 3
What our students say
★★★★★ “A very well organized and conceived course. By following the course materials, I was able to learn & build on the concepts with minimal questions. I would have no troubles recommending this course.” Chris Chung
★★★★★ "My husband had not long died so needed something to do to get me going again and as I love children they said to have a look and give it a go. It’s so easy and the payment plan helps as well. I don’t see how you can improve it I find it great and it makes you think about how as a mum I handle things with my children and how I handle things with my grandchildren." Tanya Little
★★★★★ "I really enjoyed doing all the Modules of this course and the assignments make you think and relate to real situations" Arpandeep Kaur