Event Management & Wedding Planning Business Pathway
Start your own Event Management and Wedding Planning Business
Event management is the perfect career choice for those capable at juggling multiple tasks, who can move at the speed of light and thrive under pressure! Special event planning can include many types of events, not just weddings, from conferences and sales meetings to gala dinners and awards. Learn business skills and become a certified event planner with our online course to get started in your exciting new career.
- Gain a Certificate to add to your portfolio
- Clear overview of the most common event types
- Plan your business for success
- Developed by experienced Event Managers & Wedding Planners
- Expert guidance from Declan Scott on how to start and manage your new business.
This course is designed for
- Aspiring Wedding Planners
- Event planners wanting to add weddings to their portfolio
- Brides-to-be looking to save money and make their big day perfect
- Anyone looking to start a business planning events and weddings
Declan Scott - Business Coach
Declan has a significant amount of both bookkeeping and business experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful bookkeeping business.
What our students say:
★★★★★ "Ever since I planned my own weddings, I have dreamed of making Wedding Planning a career. But until I started this course, I had no idea how much more I needed to learn to work as a professional." - Jenny Connelly
Investment: $2995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 29 modules / 29 assignments. On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Accreditation: The Career Academy has worked in partnership with Wedding & Event Planning experts to prepare this course.
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Course Level: 6
Event Management Modules
1. Scope and Nature of Event Management
2. Creating a concept and developing a theme
3. The planning process - Physical and Human Resources
4. Project Logistics - the venue, catering, speakers and entertainment
5. Marketing an Event including PR
6. Budgeting and Financial Management
7. Risk Management
8. Staging the Event
9. After the Event
10. RSA Assessment
Wedding Planning Modules
- Traditions, etiquette and an introduction to the wedding planning industry
- Location and ceremony, the cast and crew
- Catering, flowers and decorations
- Music, entertainment and transportation
- Photographer/videographer, invitations, gifts and preparing a budget
- Working with wedding suppliers
- The Big Day
- Client consultations and the psychology of a bride
- Wedding marketing 101 and starting your own business
- Finance and pricing your services, contracts and insurance
Start Your Own Business
1. Starting Up
2. Preparing your Business Plan
3. Marketing and Social Media
4. Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
5. Planning for Profit
6. Fundamentals of Payroll
7. Understanding GST
8. Financial Statement Analysis
9. Receive four hours of one-to-one mentoring with a Business Coach