Dog Grooming Business Pathway
Fast Track your own Dog Grooming Business, start today!
In the first portion of this course you’ll learn about nutrition, exercise, training, hygiene and common health issues, so you can offer your pet a long and happy life. The second portion covers dog handling, health and safety, caring for the skin and coat, preparing for showing and more. The third teaches you how to start a business and how to comfortably and successfully grow it.
- Learn to care for your dog through nutrition, exercise and hygiene.
- Understand common health problems and their treatments.
- Be able to provide effective practical training for your dog.
- Understand a wide range of pet needs and become a professional Dog Groomer
- Learn to groom pets and know how to provide effective care for your pet
- Determine the typical daily needs of an animal, both physical and psychological
- Become a professional and qualified dog groomer
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the Auckland Chamber of Commerce valued $350
Angela Anderson is a National Dog Groomers Association of New Zealand Master Groomer and the first New Zealander to hold an ICMG (Internationally Certified Master Groomer) who has been grooming since 2000. She runs the prestigious Angela's Parlour Grooming and Angels Grooming Academy in Massey, Auckland where she holds practical dog grooming training for students throughout New Zealand and Australia. As well as being highly sort after for seminars, judging and consultancy, Angela is also the mentor and Franchisor for Jims Dog Wash in New Zealand. Running a busy grooming salon, grooming academy and franchises has meant Angela has vast skills and knowledge in the grooming industry.
Founder and Director of BreakThrough Business Solutions, and has built a strong company with
an excellent reputation for achieving client results. She is a leading and sought after business growth specialist, coach and consultant, a regular contributor to business magazines, has been a facilitator and trainer for the Auckland Chamber of Commerce, speaker for the International Coach Federation Conference, Facilitator for TetraMap® and Key Note Speaker.
Covering three modules
1. Introduction to Dog Care
2. Canine Biology
3. Dog Health Part 1
4. Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
5. Dog Breeds
7. Dog Behaviour and Training
9. Other Dog Services
Dog and Pet Grooming
1. Scope and Nature of Grooming
2. Animal Biology
3. Caring for the Skin and Coat
4. Specialised Grooming Tasks
5. Handling Animals
6. Grooming Dogs
7. Grooming Exotic Animals
8. Safety in Grooming Workplace
9. Preparing for Showing
10. Starting a dog grooming business (optional module)
The Fast Track Start Up Program™
1. Business and Strategy – The Power of Planning
2. The Systems for Success
3. The Secret to Sales… for the Non-Salesperson
4. Mastering the Art of Marketing
5. Building Your Winning Network
6. Ramping Up your Business, without Ramping Up your Hours
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
We donate to SPCA on completion
Investment: $2250 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest FREE payment plan.
Assessments: 25 modules / 25 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Duration: 12 months/250 hours (approximately 10 hours per module). Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
Access time: We allow up to 12 months access to this course.
Delivery and support: Online with unlimited tutor support via email or phone
Course Level: 6
Complementary hard copy book worth $150!
This is the NEW SECOND EDITION of 'Notes From The Grooming Table' that has set the industry standard for grooming reference guides. You get step-by-step instructions and beautiful, easy to follow illustrations that have made this book a must-have for groomers and stylists world-wide. Written by esteemed stylist, speaker, and judge, Melissa Verplank (CMG) and featuring gorgeous illustrations by renowned wildlife artist Lisa Van Sweden, this amazing guide is based on Ms. Verplank's years of experience and expert grooming skills. Notes From the Grooming Table has put thousands on the path to beautiful grooming.
Our students say
★★★★★ "Very impressed with the course, it made a lot of sense. My tutor is always there to help whenever I need it!" - Harriet Gregory
★★★★★ "Tutors are very helpful and make contact really quickly." - Helen Alty