Dog Care, Psychology & Training Bundle
Are you passionate about dogs? Do you want to learn about dog care, behaviour & training?
Learn to teach dogs good behaviour habits that will last a lifetime. Understanding man’s best friend is vital for responsible owners and anyone working with dogs. This interactive online course will teach you about dog psychology, nutrition, exercise, training, hygiene, common health issues, senses and behaviour, along with basic dog obedience training techniques.
Fantastic for dog owners, dog breeders, dog groomers, dog trainers, dog therapists, dog walkers, pet sitters, dog boarding or kennel assistants, pet shop assistants and pet rescue attendants. Also useful if you want to start your own doggy daycare business.
Save over $250 by purchasing this bundle!
All courses include:
- Learn to care for your dog through nutrition, exercise and hygiene.
- Understand common health problems and their treatments.
- Be able to provide effective practical training for your dog.
- Video tutorials by Sarah Whitehead
- Understand how canine animals think and communicate
- Develop a program for training a new pet dog when it is brought into a household.
- Learn to train a dog to perform predetermined actions upon command
- Learn how working dogs can be trained to perform tasks. Includes a sheep dog, tracking dog, guide dog or substance detection dog
Meet your course tutor
Katie studied the Bachelor of Veterinary Science at university, covering all aspects of animal knowledge from basic animal care, to surgery and training ranging from farm animals to exotic pets. She has had experience in veterinary clinics of all types and has volunteered with a range of animal charities including de-sexing stray dogs in Samoa.
Katie’s pride and joy are her two dogs Oggy and Merlin. She enjoys oil-painting, playing the piano, sewing clothes, reading and playing sports. Katie finds her work at The Career Academy rewarding and enjoys giving feedback and supporting students. Katie enjoys learning from the students as the students learn for themselves.
Video tutorials supplied by:
Our students say
★★★★★ “I enjoyed the course and have found it very beneficial. I decided to enrol with The Career Academy because I wanted to study in my own time and they were offering the course I was looking for and being affordable to undertake. Excellent.” Robyn Lewis
★★★★★ “I really enjoyed this course. It was easy to follow. The content was extremely interesting and it was well set out. I have recommended this course to other people. I would love to move on to do something more in dog psychology.” – Donna Mackinnon
We Donate to the SPCA when you complete!
FREE $50 Animates voucher included with this course!
Investment: $840 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: 19 modules / 19 assignments. Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Delivery and support: This course is delivered online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 200 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week. Enrol today and start when you are ready.
Access Time: You have access to this course for up to 6 months until you complete.
Course Level: 6
This course is designed for
- People who want to work in dog training or animal daycare
- Responsible dog owners
- People who want to work in the dog care industry
Dog Care modules
1. Introduction to Dog Care
2. Canine Biology
3. Dog Health Part 1
4. Dog Health Part 2 -Illnesses and Treatments
5. Exploring Dog Breeds
7. Dog Behaviour and Training
9. Other Dog Services
Dog Psych & Training modules
1. Nature and Scope of Canine Psychology
2. Canine Senses
3. Understanding Natural Canine Behaviour
4. Canine Behavioural Development
5. Canine Behavioural Disorders
6. Basic Dog Training
7. Dog Obedience Training
8. Controlling a Dogs Movement
9. Training Working Dogs