Diploma in Accounting
Get qualified and earn more with a Diploma in Accounting!
Reviewed by Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ), this advanced qualification builds on the practical accounting skills and knowledge gained through the Certificate in Accounting. It will further enhance your accounting skills, enabling you to pursue a career in accounting, finance or business and help you on your pathway into membership of CAANZ.
You will cover the following units of competency within this Diploma
- Provide financial and business performance information
- Prepare tax documentation for individuals
- Manage budgets and forecasts
- Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- Provide management accounting information
- Prepare operational budgets
- Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- Prepare financial reports
- Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- Make decisions in a legal context
The Diploma of Accounting develops comprehensive proficiency in broad accounting functions. You will build a sound understanding of fundamental accounting principles alongside specific practical capabilities, including financial statement preparation and analysis, income tax, reconciliation and reporting compliance.
- This course has been reviewed by Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CANZ)*
- Get a formal qualification to develop your accounting career and work towards becoming an accounting technician
- Receive comprehensive tutor support
- Study online, at your own pace
- Gain a FREE membership to CAANZ if you are eligible for Accounting Technician status on completion
On successful completion of this course, graduates have opportunities for employment in accounting roles with duties such as preparing financial statements for a non-reporting entity, preparing tax returns, reporting on business performance and preparing accounting reports for management. You will also be equipped with skills in the technical aspects of accounting and will be in a position to offer technical support to an accountant or financial officer.
Investment: $1,795 + GST or only $25 per week on a payment plan
Assessments: Case studies, quizzes, written assessments and practical exercises
Duration: 1 years
About the course developers This course has been developed by experts in accounting within The Career Academy team.
Course Level: 6
*Our Diploma in Accounting is a benchmark course for the industry and has been reviewed by CAANZ to meet 9 out of the 11 competencies required to become an Accounting Technician
Includes a FREE eBook valued at $80
New Zealand Practical Accounting Guide - This new book covers key accounting concepts and principles written in simple-to-understand terms. Apply the principles confidently with worked examples, diagrams, checklists, tables, flowcharts and accountants’ FAQs.
What our students say
★★★★★ “A very well organized and conceived course. By following the course materials, I was able to learn and build on the concepts with minimal questions. I would have no troubles recommending this course.” Chris Chung