PSCN1015 – Diploma in Child & Youth Counselling
Do you want to make a difference to the lives of children and adolescents?
If you are passionate about working with children and young people then this online course is perfect for you. You will learn about theories of childhood development (e.g. morality, cognition, psychosocial), as well as develop core counselling skills. The modules offer an opportunity to learn about specialist areas such as mental health problems which have their onset in childhood, adolescent development, and disorders of childhood.
You will also learn more general psychology which can be applied to people of all ages, or focusing on specific areas for counselling. You can study this flexible course in your own home and at your own pace, and you will have support from our experienced and highly qualified tutors.
All courses include:
- Extend your understanding of psychology and counselling
- Learn the skills counsellors use to help people resolve their problems and issues
- Developed and delivered by psychology and counselling experts
- Receive a FREE 12-month membership to the International Association for Counselling
Tamara has always enjoyed helping people to achieve their goals. She has a Bachelor of Arts with Honours from the University of Auckland, double majoring in Psychology and Neuroscience; and she is planning on pursuing her PhD in Clinical Psychology. Tamara loves cooking European food in her free time.
Tara is originally from Ireland, but has been living in Australia and New Zealand for the last few years. She has a Bachelor of Science with Honours from Liverpool John Moore’s University school of Law. She specialised in Forensic Psychology and Criminal Justice, and volunteered with domestic violence charities back in Ireland.
Investment: $1995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Includes case studies, quizzes and written assessments.
Delivery and support: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 600 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete this diploma in six months (ie one module per month).
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months until you complete.
About the developers: This course has been developed by highly qualified psychologists with many years working experience.
Course Level: 6
What our students say:
★★★★★ “The course is brilliant, it is easy to understand and the detail of knowledge is also easy to absorb. The tutors have been extremely helpful and prompt to reply. I find that I don’t have to use them much at all as the content is self-explanatory.” – Lynaire Hartley
★★★★★ “I wanted to further my skills and knowledge as well as continue to work full-time and studying through the career academy was a great way for me to achieve this” – Zara
Covering Three Comprehensive Modules
Module 1: Certificate in Child Psychology
- PSCG152 – Introduction to Psychology
- PSCG214 – The New Born Infant
- PSCG204 – States and Senses of the Infant
- PSCG157 – Learning
- PSCG129 – Emotions and Socialisation
- PSCG110 – Cognitive Development
- PSCG156 – Language Development
- PSCG148 – Intelligence
- PSCG200 – Socialisation – Part A
- PSCG169 – Mortality
- PSCG197 – Child Sexuality
- PSCG201 – Socialisation – Part B
Module 2: Certificate in Adolescent Psychology
- PSCG151 – Introduction – Theories of Human Development
- PSCG159 – Life Crises
- PSCG177 – Physical Development
- PSCG147 – Intellectual Development
- PSCG127 – Emotional Development
- PSCG198 – Sexuality in Adolescence
- PSCG199 – Social Development
- PSCG168 – Moral Development
- PSCG119 – Delinquency and Crime
- PSCG102 – Adolescence and the Transition into Adulthood
Module 3: Certificate in Counselling Skills
- PSCG158 – Learning Specific Skills
- PSCG161 – Listening and Bonding
- PSCG193 – Reflection
- PSCG190 – Questioning
- PSCG150 – Interview Techniques
- PSCG108 – Changing Beliefs and Normalising
- PSCG135 – Finding Solutions
- PSCG131 – Ending the Counselling