Digital Photography Business Pathway
Master your camera and start up your own business!
Have a career as a professional freelance photographer, or take your hobby to the next level and create amazing photographic memories. Whether you want to take portraits, shoot the landscape or start building a portfolio, this comprehensive course, by some of the best working photographers, will help you get there. You’ll learn to use your equipment, about lighting and retouching, how to construct a professional portfolio and how to get work.
- Become your own boss by learning the skills to be a professional photographer
- Understand your equipment and how to use it
- You'll learn the whole photographic process, from shooting to editing
- Construct a professional portfolio and sell your photographs
- Get a Diploma and receive support from our experienced tutors
- Expert guidance from Fiona Clark on how to start and manage your new business.
1. Cameras & Lenses
2. Shutters, Aperture & Their Relationships
3. Exposure & Metering
4. The Film & Digital Process
5. Light & Colour
7. How To Take Better Photos
8. Equipment & Software
9. Retouching, Resolution & Printing
10. The Studio
11. Genres & Portfolios
12. Photo Agents - Picture Agencies. How To Get Work & Keep It
1. Business and Strategy – The Power of Planning
2. The Systems for Success
3. The Secret to Sales… for the Non-Salesperson
4. Mastering the Art of Marketing
5. Building Your Winning Network
6. Ramping Up your Business, without Ramping Up your Hours
George Seper: Course Developer
The Diploma in Digital Photography was created by George Seper; a top freelance photographer who began his career in 1970's New York. In a career that has included fashion, food and interior photography, he has been a contributor to Vogue, Mode Magazine, Cleo, GQ, Cosmo, Martha Stewart Living, Gourmet, House and Garden, Home Beautiful and Better Homes and Gardens.
Fiona Clark: Course Developer
Founder and Director of BreakThrough Business Solutions, and has built a strong company with
an excellent reputation for achieving client results. She is a leading and sought after business growth specialist, coach and consultant, a regular contributor to business magazines, has been a facilitator and trainer for the Auckland Chamber of Commerce, speaker for the International Coach Federation Conference, NZ Facilitator for TetraMap® and Key Note Speaker.
She's worked with more than 150 clients – sole traders, start ups, established SMEs, multi-million dollar organisations – helping them to apply globally renowned strategies and tailored to leverage their business
Investment: $1995 + GST or only $25 per week on our interest free payment plan.
Assessment: 18 modules / 18 assignments. On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Accreditation: The Career Academy has worked in partnership with The Photography Institute to present this course.
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally spend up to 20 hours on each module and submit them every two weeks..
Access time: We allow up to 12 months access to this course.
Delivery: Online with tutor support via email or phone.
Course Level: 6
Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the Auckland Chamber of Commerce valued $350
What our students say:
★★★★★ "Diploma in Professional Photography, TICK! Thanks to my diploma, I have now started working as a Photographer/guide for a NZ wildlife company and get to spend everyday photographing the amazing marine wildlife NZ has to offer.To anyone thinking about doing this course, I would fully recommend it! It will give you the desire AND the tools to better yourself and take your photography to the next level and beyond…"- Paul Luxton