Certificate in Taxation
Learn how to do Tax and GST returns for a small business!
This practical online course will give you the skills to prepare GST and income tax returns for small businesses or self-employed contractors. You’ll learn about the best tax structures and maximising tax deductions. You’ll learn through interactive readings, practical exercises and case studies.
This course will introduce or refresh tax principles applicable to small to medium sized businesses and self employed contractors.
- Get comprehensive one-on-one tutor support
- Gain 50 CPD / CE Points
- Learn how to prepare Income Tax and GST Returns
- Save money on accounting fees
- Get a FREE tax eBook valued at $100
- Understand what expenses you can claim to maximise your tax deductions
- Develop the best tax structure for your business and receive one-on-one tutor support
This course is designed for
- Small Business owners and/or managers who want to enhance their understanding of tax and GST.
- Those who manage small business accounts and want to reduce their accountancy fees
- Self-employed contractors or those managing the accounts of self-employed contractors
FREE Tax eBook valued at $100!
Foundations of New Zealand Taxation Law provides a clear and concise introduction to the policy, principles and practice underpinning New Zealand’s complex taxation system. In addition to covering all of the key areas in income tax and GST law, the text includes useful introductory chapters on tax policy and the legal framework that forms the basis our tax system in New Zealand.
Receive this ebook with our compliments when you enrol in this course.
This course covers
- Introduction to taxation
- Goods and services tax
- Income, Deductions and Depreciation
- Provisional Tax, Tax Penalties and Tax Returns
- Fringe benefit tax
- Practical Payroll and PAYE
- Maximise tax deductions
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessment: Upon completing each module, you will be required to submit an assessment for review.
Duration: 100 hours. Most student complete 10 hours per week over 10 weeks.
Career Academy Level: 4
Delivery: Online with tutor support by email and phone.
★★★★★ "I was really happy to see support for someone wanting help with the practicalities of starting out in business. It was really good news for me and it gave me the confidence to take the first step." - Charles Spillhaus
★★★★★ "A very good course that covered heaps of things and gave a lot of new information." - Terri Klenner
Introduction to taxation
- Introduction to Taxation
- Tax Residency
- Types of Taxation
Goods and services tax
- Introduction to GST
- How do I register?
- What do I do once I have registered?
- What do I do if I sell something?
- What do I do when I purchase something?
- IRD have sent me a GST Return, what do I do?
Income, Deductions and Depreciation
- Assessable Income
- Allowable Deductions
Provisional Tax, Tax Penalties and Tax Returns
- Provisional Tax
- Tax Penalties
- Tax Returns
Fringe benefit tax
- FBT Overview
- Forms of Fringe Benefit
- Motor Vehicles
- Employment Low Interest Loans
- Subsidised Transport
- Other Benefits
- FBT Forms
Practical Payroll and PAYE
- Different types of employees (ie. casual, part time, full time, contractors)
- PAYE Legislation, PAYE and other tax obligations
- Annual leave, sick leave, etc
- Deductions - student loans, child support, court fines
- Allowances paid to employees
- Processing payroll and Inland Revenue
- Payroll software
Maximise tax deductions
- Advances and deposits
- Amortisation - intangible assets
- Assets owned before going into business
- Bad debt
- Buildings and depreciation
- Business Assets and leasing assets
- Deferred payment of expenses
- Dilapidation repairs
- Educational expenses
- Foreign exchange losses
- Fringe benefits and FBT
- Goods and services tax
- Home office expenses
- Inducement payments
- Legal fees
- Loss on sale
- Management fees
- Overseas tax credits