Key benefits: Gain a Certificate in Business Administration
- With an approved course on your CV, your career in administration will get the boost it needs!
- Increase your job prospects in Administration, find a new job or upskill in your current role!
- Gain essential skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Flexible online study - work at your own pace in your own time. We can work around you! Gain the skills to become a Business Administrator
- Power up your CV - this course is approved by the Association of Administration Professionals New Zealand (AAPNZ). Get a FREE 12-month membership to AAPNZ valued at $150!
- Get ahead of the job market – employers want applicants with experience and knowledge in the Administration field
Potential Job Opportunities and Career Outcomes:
- Administration Roles such as Office Administrator/Administrative Manager
- Executive Assistant
This online course is designed for:
- Job seekers wishing to gain an Administration job
- Employees wishing to upskill from their current role
- Job seekers returning to the market
- Employers wishing to improve the efficiency of the workplace
This course covers the following:
- Understanding the Business Environment and People Management
- Office Organisation and Procedures – Get to grips with an Administrative Role
- Written and Verbal Business Communication
- Practical Microsoft Word skills
- How to get the most out of Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel – Learn the skills you can’t go without
- Health and Safety Policies – essential in today’s workplace
- Accounts Payable & Receivable – Learn the financial basics to support a business
- Practical Payroll – learn the fundamentals and be confident with numbers
- Invoice and transaction processing and an introduction to Xero and/or MYOB
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Career Academy Level: 4
Enrolment and duration:
Enrol online now and start when you are ready. Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, each module taking around 10 hours - so plan to do around 10 hours per week over a 10 week period. We make it easy!
Delivery and support:
Online tutor support when you need it, we will aim to get back to you within at least one working day. You can also have up to 50 hours of support through our online study group support, allowing you to work in small groups with students who are sharing the same experience
On successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement from The Career Academy.
Our partnership with AAPNZ provides you with the opportunity to become a member once you complete this course so you can launch your administration career with confidence. We also recommend you complete the Diploma in Business Administration if you want advanced administration skills.
What our students say:
★★★★★ “I found this course absolutely fantastic to get an understanding of what skills and knowledge was needed for admin type jobs from the basics of microsoft office all the way through to payroll and understanding how to use Xero. The assessments and learning modules were all set out in an easy to read and understand way and the support from the tutors was amazing. Very quick to answer any questions and help with parts I didn’t understand. The course fit in perfectly around my two young children and I am looking forward to studying even more through the Career Academy!” - Melissa Edge
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.