Certificate in Child Development
Gain insights into child behaviour
This certificate is focused for people wanting to or already are working with children as well as anyone wanting to develop skills for a career in childcare. This certificate is comprised of the following courses – Introduction to Early Childhood Development and Care, Child Psychology and Children’s Nutrition.
It helps parents and child care workers understand how they can provide an environment that nurtures a child’s development.
- Extend your knowledge of child behaviour
- Understand children's learning and development
- Learn skills to help children grow and develop
- Clear, in-depth information
- Receive support via phone or email from our experienced tutors
Learn how children develop psychologically as they grow, and what factors (such as learning, parenting styles, reinforcement and genetic makeup) influence their behaviour and thinking. Anyone who lives or works with children will gain valuable insights into child behaviour.
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
This course is designed for
- Parents wanting a greater understanding of their child's behaviour
- Anyone wanting to build or enhance their career in child care
- Childcare worker
Who should study this?
- Au Pairs
- New Parents
- Those looking to improve their child's prospects
- Those looking to work with children
Start your career with us!
We have partnered with Speedy Rhino who are actively hiring our students all the time, get qualified and take that first step towards a rewarding role!
We donate when you complete!
We donate to Youthline every time one of our students completes a child psychology/counselling course. We fully support Youthline in the important work they do with New Zealand kids. "Youthline has been changing the lives of young New Zealanders since 1970 through youth help and personal development programmes. Youthline is a Youth development organisation which has developed a unique, community based approach to the development of people and the delivery of services. Youth development is about being connected, having quality relationships, fostering participation and being able to access good information."
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Covering three comprehensive modules. A combination of multiple choice, short answers, essays, etc.
Delivery and support: Online with expert tutor support via email or phone.
Duration: 120 hours. Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete in 12 weeks.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 6 months before you complete.
Course Level: 4
What our students say
★★★★★ "The team are always supportive and actively support me whenever I hit a speed bump.. I will be continuing with further study with The Career Academy." - Sharne Harding-Loveridge
★★★★★ "The course is good and gives a lot of information I wouldn’t have known and the tutors are really helpful and get back to me very quickly." - Nicole Tuckey
★★★★★ ""I finished the psychology portion and started on the nutrition part and it’s really really nice and great. The tutors are so supportive, they respond immediately when I email them and honestly it’s just great." - Marwa Mahmoud
This course covers three comprehensive subjects
Early Childhood Development
- Childhood development from 0-3 years
- Positive methods of parenting children
- Behavioural management or positive child guidance
- How to toilet train children
- Child safety including guiding children on the internet, food safety and preventing food poisoning and avoiding slips, trips and falls
- Introduction to Child Psychology
- The newborn infant
- States and senses of the infant
- Cognitive development
- Language development
- Sexuality & Morality
- Introduction to Child Nutrition
- Nutrition for Pre-Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Pregnancy
- Nutrition in Infants
- Nutrition in Childhood
- Nutritional Concerns
- Healthy Eating Behaviours
- Issues in Child Nutrition
- Childhood Obesity
- Diet Plan