Business Management Pathway
Plan for success – we’ll show you how to start your business!
Learn how to develop a business plan and set up the right business structure in just 16 weeks. You’ll gain an understanding of financial reporting and taxation requirements, grasp the principles of marketing and social media, and find out what assistance may be available for your small business. This online course is ideal for those starting a small business.
- Gain essential skills to start or manage a small business
- Supported by Xero and MYOB
- Free templates to use in your own business
- Developed by successful business owners
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the Auckland Chamber of Commerce valued $350
This course is designed for
- Those looking to start their own business
- People wanting to improve their job prospects in a current role
- Those looking to run an already existing business successfully
- Students already running a business and wanting to improve on profit, networking and projections.
Declan Scott - Business Coach
Declan has a significant amount of both bookkeeping and business experience. He is a University Lecturer and a facilitator. He has run several small businesses and enjoys helping students set up their own successful bookkeeping business.
Supported by Xero & MYOB
Business Management Covers
1. Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
2. General Journal
3. General Ledger & the Trial Balance
4. Adjusting Entries
5. Financial Statements
6. Understanding GST
7. Fundamentals of Income Tax
8. Understanding Key New Zealand Business Legislation
9. Employment Law & Introduction to Payroll
10. Marketing and Social Media
11. Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
12. Financial Statement Analysis
13. Accounting with Xero
14. Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
Start Your Own Business Covers
1. Starting Up
2. Preparing your Business Plan
3. Marketing and Social Media
4. Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
5. Planning for Profit
6. Fundamentals of Payroll
7. Understanding GST
8. Financial Statement Analysis
9. Receive four hours of one-to-one mentoring with Business Coach Declan Scott
What our students say
★★★★★ “The course is very interesting and can see how I could apply the knowledge even if I wasn’t managing a business.The tutors do an excellent job as I can ask them questions and they reply quickly. Thanks so much!!” - George Hewetson
Investment: $2250 + GST or only $25 per week on an interest free payment plan.
Duration: Study in your own time, at your own pace. Generally students complete one module per week, each module taking around 10 hours – so plan to do around 10 hours per week over a 16 week period. Easy!
Assessment: 23 modules / 23 assignments
Qualification information: On successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Duration: Learn at your own pace, but ideally complete one module per week.
About the developers and tutors: This course has been developed by business owners who have launched, and currently manage several successful businesses.
Course Level: 6
- You learn the proven, practical skills to help you generate new clients, increase your sales and profit, save time and scale your business.
- Fits with your lifestyle and learn anywhere, anytime and at your own pace
- Is short enough to fit in with your busy schedule, but long enough to teach you the critical NEW skills to grow your business – that have already worked for hundreds of other businesses.
- Build your business the right way, from the ground up, and make it easier to grow and expand.
- Expert guidance from Declan Scott on how to start and manage your new business.