Administration Pathway Program
Follow our Pathway Program to fast track your career!
Fast track your admin career with The Career Academy. Become a certified administrator and a member of the Association of Administrative Professionals New Zealand (AAPNZ) with our accredited Administration Pathway Program. This Program comprises a 10 week certificate, followed by a six month Diploma and then an assessment of competence based on your experience.
This program is unique to The Career Academy and specifically designed for anyone with entry through to intermediate level administrative experience, who wants to gain a formal qualification and recognition of their experience.
- Fast track your administration career, increase your earning potential and get ahead
- This course is endorsed by AAPNZ
- Become a qualified Administrator and member of AAPNZ
- Receive a FREE membership to AAPNZ
- Receive a FREE 12 month membership to the Auckland Chamber of Commerce valued $350
This Program is unique to The Career Academy and specifically designed for those working or who have worked in an entry through to intermediate level admin role, who wish to gain a formal qualification and recognition of their experience.
What our students say
★★★★★"I found this course absolutely fantastic to get an understanding of what skills and knowledge was needed for admin type jobs from the basics of Microsoft Office all the way through to payroll and understanding how to use Xero. The assessments and learning modules were all set out in an easy to read and understand way and the support from the tutors was amazing. Very quick to answer any questions and help with parts I didn’t understand. The course fit in perfectly around my two young children and I am looking forward to studying even more through the Career Academy!” Melissa Edge
★★★★★ "A very well organized and conceived course. By following the course materials, I was able to learn & build on the concepts with minimal questions. I would have no troubles recommending this course." -
Investment: $2,450 + GST. Save $340 by buying this bundle, available from $25 a week with our interest free payment plan.
Assessments: Case studies, quizzes, written assessments and practical exercises
Duration: 400 hours over a maximum of six months.
Access Time: You will have access to this course for up to 12 months before you complete.
Prerequisites: Certificate in Business Administration or Certificate in Reception & Office Support or administrative experience.
Qualification: On successful completion of this business training course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Course Level: 6
1. Certificate in Business Administration
Take the first step with our Certificate in Business Administration or Certificate in Reception & Office Support which will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of administration. Gain employment and improve your career prospects by increasing your competence and skills in practical administration areas.
2. Diploma in Business Administration
Step two is completing the Diploma in Business Administration. This comprehensive course builds on the practical skills and knowledge obtained through the Certificate courses. It will further enhance your admin skills.
3. AAPNZ Membership
After you have completed the Certificate and Diploma, you can sign up to become a member of AAPNZ. Once you have been a member of AAPNZ for a couple of years and been in an administrative role for at least 5 years, you can apply to gain AAPNZ Certification, please see here. Being a member of AAPNZ opens a number of doors and AAPNZ is part of a global community of like-minded associations.
This course covers 20 modules
- Essential skills in Microsoft Word
- Essential skills in Microsoft Excel
- Managing your mailbox with Outlook
- Health and safety policies
- Time management, ethics and professionalism
- Understanding the business environment and customer service skills
- Written and verbal business communication
- Managing accounts payable and receivable
- Understanding payroll and PAYG
- Invoice processing and an intro to Xero/MYOB
- Managing meetings and enhancing your written and verbal communication
- Understanding business legislation
- Financial administration including accounts payable & receivable
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Managing projects, developing and managing professional relationships
- Planning and managing conferences - establishing timelines and milestones
- Procurement planning
- Human resources planning and managing performance
- Risk management & analysis
- Project implementation, completion and evaluation