ABKN1007 - Certificate in Accounting
Manage your own accounts or add a qualification to match your experience
Stand out in the job market and become a certified accountant with our practical online course. You’ll gain practical skills and intermediate knowledge of the theory and practice of business accounting. This course will help kickstart your journey to becoming an Accounting Technician for only $25 per week on an interest FREE payment plan. No prior experience necessary.
- Introduction to accounting
- Accounting equations
- Double entry accounting
- Learn about the trial balance
- Understanding profit and loss statements
- Interpreting balance sheets
- Ratio analysis
- Practical exercises
This course is designed for
- Employees in an accounts eager for promotion
- People wishing to start the Accounting Pathway Program and pathway into membership of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Course content reviewed has been reviewed by Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Delivered by qualified accountants
- Gain employment and improve your career prospects
- Increase your competence and skills in practical accounting areas to manage business accounts
- Learn online, at your own pace
- Receive a free eBook and comprehensive tutor support by phone and email
Investment: $995 + GST or only $25 per week with our interest FREE payment plan.
Delivery: Online - you will have 6 months to complete your course.
Assessment: 10 modules / 10 assignments
Qualification: On successful completion of this training course, you will be awarded a certificate of achievement.
Course Level: 4
Complimentary course eBook valued at $147
Course Book: New Zealand Practical Accounting Guide
This comprehensive, easy to use guide clearly explains the essential components accounting functions and procedures. Learn key accounting principles and terminology.
Staff from The Career Academy have contributed to several chapters of this book and it is an invaluable resource for anyone studying accounting. The eBook is complimentary and details will be sent to you when you enrol in this course.
Accredited by ICOES
ICOES, the International Council for Online Educational Standards guarantees you a high standard of content with measurable outcomes from a reputable training organisation. ICOES is the accrediting body that establishes, monitors and continually develops the educational standards of online teaching institutions.
This course consists of 13 modules
ABKN202 - Accounting and Bookkeeping Fundamentals
ABKN152 - General Journal
ABKN153 - General Ledger & the Trial Balance
ABKN218 - Depreciation
ABKN106 - Adjusting Entries
ABKN146 - Financial Statements
ABKN133 - Understanding GST
ABKN151 - Fundamentals of Income Tax
ABKN103 - Accounting with Xero
ABKN217 - Accounting with MYOB AccountRight
ABKN122 - Budgeting, Forecasting and Cashflow Management
ABKN189 - Financial Statement Analysis
CITG137 - Accounting using Microsoft Excel
What our students say:
★★★★★ "Career Academy is the best place to do online course. It's very secure, great tutors, assessed accurately according to NZ standards.
Thank you very much. I am very happy that I did my Certificate course hear in Career Academy. This had given me the confidence to achieve more. The tutors are very supportive. I highly recommend career academy as the best online course to be taken into consideration.
Thank you again" - Bojamma Kusha